Thursday, January 14, 2010

Email History: Haiti Update

Dear Hope Families,
Well this is what I know so far and I use the word “know” lightly. We have heard from a source (a French family adopting from Haiti) that some of the children had been moved to the new orphanage.  We don’t really have a number knowing exactly how many.  We don’t know how the kids are at either orphanage. We do know that Abel is alive, but he was not at any of the orphanages.

Remember Abel runs the operations at the orphanage. I have heard that the orphanage that Harry lives at was damaged and possibly destroyed.  It is in Petionville, but we know that all the children were evacuated and survived. I have not heard from Harry but am at this point assuming that he and his wife are the ones that got all the children out of the orphanage. The other orphanages that Wasatch works with( C4C and Foyer) are reporting that the children are all ok. I am sorry I wish I had more on our children at Hope.  

I feel a peace that at least some of them made it, and I will continue to pray that this is true. You know that my heart is aching with yours, I have cried many tears in the last 24 hours. I can hear all the children at the orphanage calling me "Mama Chareyl", like they do, and I long to know they are all ok. As you know I also am part of an organization that provides education for the children of Haiti (haitianroots.com) and we have 135 children in our program, I have no idea where all those children are, how they are, how are their families, and we know nothing about our HR coordinators either. 

I am asking each of you to pray, not only for your children, but for all the children and all the people of Haiti.
You know that the minute I have any news I will let you know.

Your adoption coordinator and friend,
Chareyl


No comments:

Post a Comment