Sunday, January 24, 2010

Email History: HLAH updates

This is a mail that I sent to some individuals who were active in trying to coordinate things with planes and governments.  I'm including these sorts of things so you can see how often the information changed on the ground.

Hi, all,
I have a call in to Steve Studdert.  He tells me he has 150 seats on a plane somewhere reserved for orphans.  He gave me the info for his "Orphan Seat Capacity Coordinator" (which may be the coolest job title ever).  I'm still waiting on a response from the "OSCC" (as I like to call him).  I'm thinking he had 11-2 church. 

We are still looking good in the jet fuel funds department.

Will the LDS Church Emergency Services group help us to fill the cargo bay of the inbound plane?  Karen says you can't land in Haiti unless you have a plane full of humanitarian supplies. 

I also just heard (because this is how awesome things are right now) that if we're not out of the country within 24 hours of the Humanitarian Parole being "granted" (I'm assuming that means from our return appointment to pick them up tomorrow) then DHS can opt to revoke that.  So.... we obviously want to get out of Haiti, but people keep adding things to make it more critical that we do it expeditiously as possible.

Please keep me posted. 

Still praying for some miracles

L

No comments:

Post a Comment