Saturday, January 23, 2010

Look Who Scott Just Found!

From the blog: Gordon Gang News

I got a text saying that Scott had Avrie and that there was a picture of her in my email! She looks amazing! 

They are on the ground, I think the 45 minutes of sleep I got tonight will be it.

Just talked to Scott on the phone.  They just lived through another earthquake.  He said it was kinda weird - everyone running around but they are fine! 


He said Avire is healthy has meat on her bones his dilemma: he has nothing to entertain a 2 year old with and she doesn't like the phone.  Our call got cut short.  They were at another orphanage collecting more children.  The other kids are going to meet them at the Embassy (I think) so I am thinking they are all at the new O, but that is my guess at best!

Scott says "All the children look great. We were able to make it to the church that we attended (the last time we were down) and collected 11 children at about 3 in the morning. We took them to another orphanage close to our original orphanage building. Charyel took all the children with passports to the embassy today. Trevor, Brent and I are here for the day. I have Avrie on my lap and just put a peanut butter and some turkey jerky in her. She looks very good. I checked her out pretty well. Her skin is clear and smooth and she looks healthy. 

The plan right now is to bring all our children here today while Chareyl spends all day at the embassy running the paperwork through. We hope to get all the paperwork back Monday and get out on Monday night late or super early Tuesday morning. That would give us a little time to find the other kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment