Saturday, January 23, 2010

Butterflies of Happiness

From Gordon Gang News Blog:

I finally heard from Scott. His battery died then he died as well - tired worn out and going for almost 24 hours straight. This morning they are both charged and ready to go!

Here are the emails I have received from him. The first set is the communication from him and our Senator's aide that has been helping out, I put it here so that you can all see how AMAZING CHAREYL MOYES REALLY IS!!!!!

From Aide to Scott:
DHS HQ last night late told me that once they process your girls they will be in touch with you directly. I have given them your cell number and location (you're at the LDS church, right?). They asking that folks not bring the children to the embassy until they're contacted.

How are you? How are supplies? Let me know as soon as you are able.

From Scott to Aide:
Our situation is good. Our coordinator spent all day at the embassy and we should have all of our parole documents ready by Monday afternoon. We are holed up at a different orphanage - we have food, water, and power at night. We have transportation for all the adults and children and have made our own flight arrangements. I have both my girls with me here and are doing fine.

Our coordinator made a great friend with the staff doing the parole paperwork and our paperwork was all in order. She (the embassy staffer) said she would work on our forms all weekend and have them for us Monday.

From Aide to Scott:
Good! Glad to hear you are all somewhere safe.

USCIS and Vice-Consul Percy emailed just a bit ago that your girls were in process, wonderful news!! Tell Chareyl she is fantastic; I wish all of the coordinators were as on the ball and organized.

Okay - will be in touch!

________
Here is what Scott sent me:

Last night my second battery died just after my last message. They fired up the generator and I was invited to eat a little dinner with the girls. Then Avrie started to meltdown and I couldn't get back to the phone. She also had another runny poop bomb, by the time I cleaned up and spent some time with Destina I started to fade out. I fell asleep and slept hard for 11 hours on the stone floor. Destina found me after I had fallen asleep and we cuddled and had a nice night's sleep. I didn't want to sleep with Avrie because I am out of clean clothes and can't survive another bomb.

I tried a few times to wake up after Destina woke up but couldn't get my motor started. I finally got up but it still took 20 minutes for me to find my glasses and become fully awake. I was feeling guilty for oversleeping when I looked over the railing and saw Brent, Chareyl, and Trevor sleeping hard in the main courtyard.
Things went well at the embassy and we are making plans to leave Monday night.

It will be a challenge keeping the girls entertained and well dressed for the next 72 hours.

I had prepared for a different mission but it is much better spending time with the girls.

All is well and we will all be home soon.

Love, Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment